Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shopping Black-Out

What's up!?

Its been an AGE since I have been able to sit down and write.  We have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest.  Michael's dad and sister have been here, and are leaving tomorrow morning...;(

Thank goodness they were here, we have been a hot mess.  I  have been hoarse and scratchy and coughy.  I sound like I have a solid two pack-a-day habit.  Michael has strep-throat...he actually went to the doctor.  That is huge.  He is the most stubborn man ever when it comes to seeing medical professionals, which is funny considering he is one.  He could just write himself a prescription, but he would never do that.  Its against the rules, he says.  He is a big follower of rules. 

I worked today...and again tomorrow.  Say your prayers no one codes on me tomorrow.  I had some bad ju-ju surrounding me at work today.  All my patients went to crap...simultaneously.  Cut to me running around like a chicken....Don't follow the lighhhhhhht!!!!!!!!! Not on my watch.

Hopefully Henry doesn't come down with this crud we have passed around.  I don't know if I could handle it.  Having Michael's dad here made me instantly lose all confidence in my mothering abilities.  I would just look at him, like "Are we doing the right thing?" As if he would tell us if we weren't...he's way too nice.

I wish I had intruding parents and in-laws.  Between them they have raised 4 children that are delightful, lovely and kind contributing members of society.  That can't be a coincidence.  Shoot...I'll sit down with a steno pad and take notes. I need all the help I can get.  (By the way, I did just include myself in that delightful and lovely group...which is probably a hotly-contestable point).

I have to get to bed, but I'll leave you with this nugget.  Brigitte and I went shopping on Saturday and I now own skinny jeans.  I got caught up, that's my only explanation.  I had a shopping black-out.  I came to in the parking lot and realized that I'm not cool enough for skinnies...or the boots that I got to wear with them.

1 comment:

  1. Funny Em,just so you know,I wore black knee boots to church today! I was kind of thinking the same thing as I looked in the mirror. But one of the kids college friends,Marco,said I was "rocking my boots" this morning! So, yes you are!

    ReplyDelete

YouTube