Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thanks Friends.

I have to give a huge heartfelt thank you to all my mom-friends and dad-friends that gave me some much needed encouragement after that last post. 

Sometimes you just can't prepare yourself for the emotions that come with parenthood.

I just tend to get very crazy/high-strung/psychotic when my sleep is unpredictable and not what I consider up to par. 

FYI:  Nothing banishes a good night's sleep faster than an infant.  Keep that in mind folks. 

Most people are like, duh!  But surprisingly this did not factor into my thought process in our decision to start a family.  And in case you are wondering...Yes, I am kind of selfish.

It was more like, "Babies are cute.  I want a baby.  Look at their little socks.  I want a baby.  It's so cute.  I want a baby...Let's have a baby."

I encourage you to look beyond the cuteness trance that baby-clothes can induce and consider whether you are really down to never have a guaranteed night of sleep...ever again.

That's the thing about babies.  They love to keep you on your toes. 

"Ha ha, I'll show her.  I'll sleep through the night at 3 months.  Then I'll stop.  Then I'll do it again and give her hope.  Then I'll stop.  Then I'll start waking up at 5:30 am.  Then I'll sleep through the night. 

Then I'll stop.

This unpredictability is enough to necessitate the building of a padded room onto our house. 

Not for Henry...for me.

I'm really working on the whole 'just go with it' thing.  Easy for some people.  Not so much for this gal.

When I do get the pleasure of hearing silence from Henry's bedroom after our 4 A.M. snack, I am finding it increasingly difficult to fall back asleep.  What can be keeping me awake when I could be sleeping at this ungodly, horrific hour, you ask!?

Oh nothing, I'm just visualizing myself winning 3 million dollars on a scratch-off ticket in the North Carolina Lottery. 

Yes, I am serious.

Michael and I caught this TV show the other day about lottery winners, and ever since I have had lottery on the brain! 

That very night I made Michael go out and buy us five Powerball tickets. 

I just had this feeling.

And I was right!  We did have some special picks.  So special that we managed to get NOT ONE single number on any of our five tickets.

So I blamed Michael,

"We totally would have won if you would have bought ten tickets!"

"I was buying a Mt. Dew, Slim Jim's and five Powerball tickets...how much more White Trash would you have liked me to look?"

"Umm.  Five tickets more.  We could have 46 million dollars right now.  I hope you can live with that."

I hope he can sleep at night.  That jackpot was ours to lose.

I realized just how much of a lame adult I have become when I realized all of my fantasizing about winning the lottery didn't even include fancy houses, cars, diamonds or a life time supply of Oatmeal Creme Pies. 

It just involves writing a few ENORMOUS checks to the bank.  And being student loan and mortgage free.

Lame.

I'm even boring in my fantasies. 

My lottery fantasies that is...

Holla!

So in this pointless mess of a post I just wanted to let you know that I am still here.  Still loving Michael and Henry to pieces. 

Even if it makes me go to pieces.

I'm back on the horse.

Gert's found her way back home.  Well, she just sits in the sticky bottom of the recycling bin in the drive way.  But at least I know where to find her.

The men in my life.


Helping me raise Gert from the bottom of the sea.

One day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube