Wednesday, July 18, 2012

RealOldMom

Introducing, for the first time ever...

Real Old Mom.

Well, technically still RealNewMom...it is a lot of damn work to change the name.

It has been over a year.  We have added another crew member to the ship.  She gives new meaning to the term 'poop deck.' 

We couldn't stick with just one, that meant that Henry would have to change both Michael and I's diapers when we get old.  Now he has someone to help.

Adeline Rose
June 18, 2012


I can no longer refer to myself as a "real new mom," although I'm sure people that see us in public think I must have rented Henry and possibly stolen Adeline and this surely must be my first day caring for children.  Alas, I assure you, they are actually mine, and I have been doing this for almost 2 years.

I promise some days I'm more on my game. 

Everyday I wake up hoping that I'll feel more prepared, more like I know what I'm doing; my career centers around caring for infants, my home life largely centers around caring for infants...and all I really know is:

Blue baby=bad
Pink baby=good

That's pretty much what it boils down to folks...everything else can be worked out, I've found.

I guess realizing that has made it much easier this time.

That and the fact that I came to terms with the fact that my life was no longer my own 2 years ago, so now that my spirit is broken...it's like no big deal.

:)

I realize there may be people new to my life that never knew this blog existed before and are reading for the first time now. 

They were under the illusion (carefully crafted by me) that I'm a nice, normal person.

So if you are one of those people, I'm really sorry to shatter your illusion, but welcome to my world: the world of motherhood, boobs, vaginas, milk production, bleeding nipples, screaming babies, screaming toddlers and the Disney channel.  Oh and minivans. 

It. Is. Awesome.

Refer to my previous posts if you want to relive my journey into motherhood.  It was wild, it was ugly, it was scary, it was beautiful.

I think Michael and I felt largely prepared this time because we did just do this like 22 months ago.

This is where the people with more than one child would point at us and laugh.

So while I'm on maternity leave, I hope to be back here with a little more frequency.

After all, parenthood is hard, and if you can't laugh you may just spend most of the day crying.  So come share your stories with me;  I will share my stories with you. 

The good, the bad and the undoubtedly ugly.

I've missed you.

3 comments:

YouTube