Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Bird

Big high chair....little baby.


All strapped in like he's flying to the moon.  Obviously, doesn't know what to make of it.


You can just see the thought bubble over his head.  WTF?

What do I do with this stuff in my mouth?

I just like this one because it's so paparazzi.  It's like I just caught Lindsay Lohan sneaking out of rehab.

This was the first go 'round of trying rice cereal with Pigglesworth.  As you can see by my superior photo journalism skills, he was confused, and slightly dismayed by the situation. 

That was a week ago...

Now he's like a baby bird.  He sees the spoon coming and he just hangs open his little trap and I shovel it in.  Obviously with food involved, we knew it wouldn't take him too long to catch on. 

One of my friends gave me this book:


I was delighted to receive this book.  Because:

A.  I know nothing about baby food.
B.  It tells me things I should know about baby food.
C.  I know nothing about feeding a baby food.
D.  It tells me things I should know about feeding a baby food.
E.  There is one person in the world I have fooled into thinking I am the kind of person that would make their own baby food.

You know those mamas.  The granola-y, perfect, organic-baby-food-making moms.

Turns out, I love Henry SO much.  That I'm trying to be that mom.

Cut to me in the kitchen, using the food processor...I know, I'm just a shocked as you!

I didn't even know we owned a food processor, and here I am cramming avocados into it and pureeing like my life depends on it. 

P.S. Pureeing avocados requires ear protection.  Heavy duty ear protection; the likes of which you would require when standing in front of a Boeing 757 jet engine.

Michael walks into the kitchen and comments on my usage of the kitchen appliances.

"Wow, you're using two new appliances!!"

"Two?"

"Yes, the food processor and that kitchen knife...."

Yes, the cooking situation in our home is that dire.  My husband thinks it is a big deal when I use a knife.

Apparently, he's so used to seeing me rip open bags of chips with my teeth and order Papa John's online that seeing me in the act of using a kitchen knife...to prepare food (not furiously stab at packaging materials) caught him completely off guard. 

So if you need me I'll be in the kitchen doing something kitchen-y and housewife-ish.  Trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with these...



Are they not for grabbing baby socks that fall behind the dryer?

Huh.  Color me surprised.

2 comments:

  1. Kitchen Tip: You're supposed to take the pit out of the avocado before you puree it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Thanks E. I actually knew that one...believe it or not :)

    ReplyDelete

YouTube