Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top Ten

We are back.  I am exhausted.  My house is in shambles.  I don't want to do anything.

So I'll blog.

My Minnesota Top Ten:

1.  Upon arriving in the Mother Land, Henry takes on a scary resemblance to Elmer Fudd.







2.  Seeing this on the side of the road:



Was not nearly as funny as the exchange that followed.

Michael: That doesn't look a walleye anymore. (Apparently it got repainted.) That's more like a perch.

Matthew (Michael's brother):  No waaay, that's a bass.

Maybe it's just me.


3.  Brainerd, Minnesota : Home of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox.

What's that?  You want to go bowling!?

Oh, just head on over to Paul Bunyan Bowl.


Foot fungus complimentary.


4.  Learning of the epic battle between Brainerd and Bemidji (neighboring town that apparently thinks they are the home of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox).

I wasn't planning on officially taking a stance either way in this argument, but then Michael's mother pointed out that the Brainerd water tower is in fact in the shape of the hilt of Paul Bunyan's knife.


I think the evidence is conclusive.  I rule in favor of Brainerd.


5.  Seeing Michael in full winter gear.  I'm sorry to say it, but a beaver was harmed in the production of this picture.



6.  Refereeing 'Snow Ball'.  A game of tackling and snow drifts.  Rules optional. 





I kept mentally rehearsing CPR as I watched these two run and dive.  Matthew kept saying, "I think I'm having an asthma attack."  I soon learned that garners no sympathy from a brother.  It just makes you an easier target.


7.  Michael's parents got me a massage for Christmas.  It was epic.

It could not have gotten any better...until, the massage therapist says,

"Yaw, that feels good, eh?"

Why yes it does, my Northern Minnesotan friend.   Yes, it does.


8.  Seeing Michael dressed up as Santa. 


Does that make me Mrs. Claus?

Sweet.


9. Playing Apples to Apples with Michael's family.

The word is sexy.

I lay down 'whipped cream'.

Michael's grandma lays down 'handcuffs'.

Michael's sister, Brigitte lays down 'toys'.

Michael's mom, Suzette lays down 'zuchini'.

What kind of wild family did I marry into!!?

10.  Having walleye for Christmas dinner, and going to bed with big, delicious, fat snowflakes falling.



I have two more.  So I guess it's a Top Twelve.

11.  Great Grandma Muriel singing Henry Polish songs and making him giggle down to his toes.

12.  Henry's beautiful Baptism, surrounded by our families.

We had a completely wonderful time, and can't thank everyone enough for turning things upside down to make it so special for us.

Now, its back to the grind.  We need to run to the grocery store to find something to eat for dinner.

And Henry needs a bath.  Bad.  His butt smells like airplane and bad shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube