Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wrist Slitting TV

Now, I don't want to pretend that I am above watching reality television.

Hell no.  That would be a huge, big, fatty lie.

Give me any fashion designer show, a la, Project Runway or that one with Iman and Isaac Mizrahi .  I would even take Millionaire Matchmaker on a slow day.  I am ashamed to say it, but I even indulge in a little Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...New York...Atlanta...New Jersey...Orange County from time to time. 

Who am I kidding, I usually just park it on Bravo. 

Anyway, I happened to catch an episode of Bridalplasty (I can't remember if it was on E! or WE...?).

WTF!?

Now, that is beyond even my love for trashy television.  It is just bizarre.  All these ladies living in this mansion, competing for plastic surgeries so they can look perfect for their weddings.

Creepy.

In this particular episode some poor girl (who looked completely fine in the first place) was able to identify the 'expensive' champagne from the drug store variety.  So she got to go have her arm fat sucked, cheek fat removed, and her beak shaved down. 

They wheeled her back to the house, all wrapped up like a mummy and on 20 different painkillers (I'm assuming, because she was dancing in her wheelchair).  All the other ladies applauded her like she just had her kidney removed to donate to a sick person. 

Then they took her into the big room in the mansion marked, Recovery.

I am beyond disturbed by this show. 

I just wanted to throw that out there.  Even I have my limits.

Don't look so surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube