Monday, January 17, 2011

Things We Love - Part Deux

Hanging Out and Play time

The Gym

Henny Penny loves going to the gym.  It's also fun to see how they grow and develop from a little poopy lump to a baby that bats at the toys and watches and grabs things.

The Bouncy Seat (1 and 2)


This was the first bouncy seat we had.  It worked great until Henry was about 3 months old and his chunky butt gave the framework quite a workout.  So we upgraded to the big boy:


This is the Infant-to-Toddler Rocker.  It's a little sturdier and will grow with Henry, hopefully.  It wouldn't have worked so well when he was brand new though because it sits upright a little more and would have required more head control.
(These seats, and the attachable toys, are a life-saver when you need to get things done.  I put him in it and carried him with me when I took a shower, vacuumed, folded laundry, loaded/unloaded the dishwasher, etc.)

Miscellaneous Tips and Tricks

Notebook


The hospital will most likely send you home with a little log for recording feedings and poops/pees.  After ours got full we still kept a little notebook.  We didn't include the poops or pees (he had that under control), we just recorded when we fed him and how much.  It seems crazy but you will never remember exactly what time it was when they last ate.  Maybe I'm just slow...that could be it too.

Homemade Pumping Bra


I took one of my really old sports bras and cut slits over the nipples.  When it was time to hook the old udders up, I just slipped the flanges through the holes and let 'er rip.  Then I had my hands free to talk on the phone, blog, etc.  (Now you're wondering if you ever talked to me on the phone while I was pumping.  Probably.)
They sell actual pumping bras, but they are weird and look incredibly uncomfortable. 

Programmable Coffee Pot

When you hear the little birdie start chirping at 6:00 am and you've been up 5 times since 11 pm,  it's nice to smell the coffee already brewing.

These were just some of the things that helped or we used and continue to use quite a bit. 

Like I said, maybe it will give you someplace to start.  In which case, you're already a step ahead of where we were when we were in your shoes!

Best of luck with your little poopers, and feel free to email me or post a message with any questions about things we tried/liked/hated.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube