Monday, November 22, 2010

Are you Breastfeeding!?

How many times am I doomed to tell this story.

"Ohhhhh Henry is so precious, are you breastfeeding!!??"

(Thinking to myself, here we go again) "Nope, we tried and it just didn't work out."

"Oh no, You should have called me! Breastfeeding really is the best thing you can do for your baby. And its such a wonderful experience!"

Thanks for the update Anderson Cooper.  I didn't realize breastfeeding was the best thing for Henry.  We took a whole class to learn how to breastfeed him just for fun; we were never really planning on doing it.

I wish I would have known to just call you, and forget about all those lactation consultants I was on the phone with day after day.  If I just would have called you, I'm sure it would have worked like a charm.

People mean well, people mean well, people mean well.  This is my new mantra.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Love the mantra! People tend to think they can say anything to pregnant woman or new moms. Even things that are none of their damn business! Things like, was the pregnancy planned?, are you going to have natural childbirth?, and of course, are you breastfeeding?!

    ReplyDelete

YouTube