Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mustard Butt

Henry must have sensed that I wasn't feeling like a 10 today.  He took about a 3 hour nap and I slept also.  Usually I use his nap times to be productive, but sleeping felt so good.  I was supposed to have a good friend over for lunch, but I called her and told her not to come.  I didn't want to get her sick if I'm coming down with a bug. She's pregnant; pregnant women do NOT need another reason to be nauseous.

I actually had to wake up Henry from his nap to feed him.  I broke my number one rule.  It just seems like if he goes longer than 4 hours with out eating during the day he is up more at night trying to catch up.  That sucks. So I woke him up.

There are no ruffles that could have contained the load he had in his diaper.  A major case of mustard butt. The one that takes 12 wipes to clean up, and is so big you have to cram it into the Diaper Genie opening...We bought the Diaper Genie Elite II.  Not just the Elite I...the Elite II.  We fell for it. We needed a poop bucket that was not just average...but elite.  I must admit that we do like it.  It was one purchase that was probably worth a few extra bucks.

I am SO disappointed that I had to cancel on my friend!! I even gave Henry a bath this morning so he would smell like a sweet, fresh baby.  I love talking to pregnant women, I even talk to pregnant strangers...I am one of those people that probably creep you out and are waaaay too interested in your personal affairs.  When are you due? Boy or girl? Do you have a name? Have you decorated the nursery? Have you been feeling well.  Yeah. Oh well. At least I won't touch you.  One of my patient's wives would always put her hands all over my belly.  I really liked her so it didn't bother me so much, but it is a little weird.  Even when she pinched my back fat and told me I was having a boy because of said weight distribution.  Old ladies can get away with anything.

I just wanted to thank everyone that has read and given me feedback, advice, tips and praise.  I love it and it just makes me want to write more.  Us moms need to stick together!

I will really try to stick with it. Unlike the diet journal I try and start... at least twice a week.

I loudly proclaim to Michael, "I am going to start a food journal!"

Be accountable, and diligent...and good... and instantly lose 10 pounds.

Pardon me, while I count the number of times I have attempted and failed at this task.  I can't even count.  Hundreds...I'm not even kidding you. 

Each time I start and then fail I have to rip out the previous day's page.  Its like I can't even have that failed page of the food diary staring at me.  Mocking me.

To his credit, every time I make this magical proclamation, Michael tells me that it is crazy and I don't need to lose 10 pounds.  He is my angel.  My muffin-top-loving angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube