Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble, Gobble

Happy Turkey Day!

The bird is cookin', the cider is on the stove, and the holiday season has commenced :)

I can't quite get into it until it is at least Thanksgiving.  Michael has been swirling around the kitchen this morning whipping us up a feast.  I don't think we are going to eat until later this afternoon.  After all, we did have pancakes and bacon this morning for breakfast.  Go big or go home, right?




Papa Steve and Auntie Brigitte have been loving them some Henry, Oh boy!!! And he has played his part, charming the socks off them, all smiles and gurgles and coos.


I am feeling so incredibly thankful today it is hard to put into words.  We are snuggled up on the couch, watching some football, good food smells wafting through the house.  Henry is playing with his toys, content as can be and the kitties are curled up in front of the heat registers.  It is a good day. 

I am missing my parents today, but we have already spoken twice.  I am in charge of the gravy...Mom is on call.

This year has been filled with some terrible losses; family and friends that were here one day and gone the next.  Gone far too soon.  Working this weekend was hard...people that just want to be healthy and spend Thanksgiving with their families are still there today.  And they may or may not have family visiting.  They may be getting bad news as we speak, cancer doesn't respect holidays.  I am thankful for my job, that allows me to be there with them, hold their hand and help pick up the pieces. 

I am thankful that my family has their health right now.  I am thankful for my wonderful friends, who support me through thick and thin.  Moving to North Carolina was such a leap for us, and we could not have been more blessed.  I am thankful for Piglet.

Most of all, I am thankful that my husband cooks.



 Love you all, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube