Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New Additions

I saw a post on Facebook this morning that one of my friends is having her baby today!

Yay!!!

Lets have a round of applause (clap your hands in a big circle......I'm waiting).

I am reminded of when Henry was brand new.  And I was terrified.  Scratch that...I'm still terrified.  It is kind of amazing to me that they just bundled him up and sent him home with us.  They didn't make us answer any questions...take a quiz. Nothing.  They just trusted that we would know what to do with him.  I mean, we figured it out, but I'm not going to lie.  It was a little hairy there at the start.

We got him home and then it was like, "Now what?"

We spent 10 months preparing everything for him to enter our lives...but what do we actually do with him?"

Well we set him on the coffee table and stared at him for a few hours.  Then we fed him.  He slept...more staring.  We bundled him up and held him (while staring at him).  He would sneeze and we would all look at each other, like should he be sneezing?  Do we need to call the pediatrician?  He would explosively poop and then fall back asleep.  It basically went like that for about the first two weeks. 

Then our moms were gone...and Michael went back to work. 

Aaacck.  You mean I'm solely responsible for keeping him alive for 10 hours during the day.

Pressure!!!

But...we made it.  Slowly a pattern started to emerge.  Little Man and I got to know each other.  Now I know his little quirks...what he does when he's tired, when he'll get tired, when he'll probably be hungry (that one isn't very hard because he's always hungry), when he'll be in prime playing mood. 

Against all odds...Henry is still alive.  Sleeping as I type this (He enjoys a good snooze after breakfast, just like his mom). 

He is like a 15 pound, 26 inch long Rubik's cube.  I just keep turning him around in my hands.  Trying to work it out.  I know I'll never figure it out, and just when I think I'm close, he'll throw me off.  He'll start doing something he has never done before.  Then I start all over again. 

Realizing that there is always going to be a new challenge was the challenge.

So enjoy your little puzzle...its the only one you'll never be able to finish.  But trying will be the MOST fun you've ever had. 

Congrats ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube