Thursday, December 30, 2010

Poppin' TP

As soon as Mike hit the door last night, I peaced out and...

Mama got her hairs did!!!





Just your basic graduated bob...like every 3rd woman on the street has. 

But I like it, and it doesn't take long to blow dry.  So now I will at least be able to look like I have my shit together when Henry and I leave the house.  HA.  If you only knew!

I felt kind of bad clocking out as soon as Michael got home from work.  Kind of.

Sort of.

But it didn't stop me!  I sat and read a magazine, drank a glass of water with an orange slice in it, talked about grown-up things with my hair stylist.  It was awwwwwesome.

Okay, I'm kind of lying. We didn't talk about posh, cool things, we talked about pregnancy, childbirth and babies.  If you get two moms together that's what is going to happen.  I have come to terms with this. 

Then she washed my hair and gave me a hand massage.  If I weren't already married...and same-sex marriage was legal in North Carolina....I think I would have proposed.  I don't even care that I'm not a lesbian, I'm sure I could get used to it.  If only I could get someone to wash my hair everyday.  Besides myself.  It's not the same.

Piglet was asleep when I got home and Michael was watching television.  Score. 

It may have been the best night of my life.  Or a strong contender.

Now I have to face the reality that we are getting on an airplane next week, Henry in tow, and going to the Great White North.  Also known as Minnesota.  I am completely unprepared and my blood pressure rises just thinking of this journey.

And being 1500 miles away from the swing.

I know the only thing that is going to get me through is eating copious amounts of food.  Most or all of which needs to contain massive amounts of sugar and or fat. 

I feel marginally better about my tendency to binge on junk food after watching TLC's My Strange Addiction last night.

I could be poppin' squares of toilet paper, so I guess I'm okay.

1 comment:

YouTube