Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A sister

Have you ever seen the show How I Met Your Mother?

I have to admit that I never used to watch this show because it just seemed stupid, and I hated the name...BUT now I do. 

And it is hi...wait for it...larious.

At the end there is always a little flash card thing that pops up and says something like,

"A bro always alerts another bro to a brewing girl fight."

Things that 'bros' do for each other.

This holiday season I find myself terribly missing my girlfriends from back home.  We have made so many wonderful friends here, and I love them all....don't misunderstand me.

There is just something about those girls you grew up with...they know your funny quirks, annoying traits and embarrassing moments.  They know your history.  You don't even have to explain some things...because they just know.   So this is for my sisters...

A sister will always...

-Alert you of shiny face (and have an oil-blotting sheet in her purse).

-Tell you when you need to pluck your eyebrows (and do it for you).

-Have a tampon for you.

-Tell you the truth when you ask, "Do I look fat in this?"

-Tell you the truth when you ask, "Do my cankles look horrible in this?"

-Tell you that you have cankles...and help you strategize the best way to deaccentuate them.

-Pick up the phone at 2 am...when they know this must be a drunk-dial (P.S. Moms don't drunk dial).

-Tell you the truth about the person you're dating (even if you don't want to hear it).

-Help you clean your place and/or organize your closet (a monumental task).

-Tell you when you're being a crotchety bitch.

-Tell you the truth when you ask, "Do I smell?" (And have a mini-deodorant in her purse).

-Help you make the best of a really painfully hideous haircut.

-Eat junk food with you when you really just need to pig-out.

-Not mention the aforementioned pig-out and just how much you were able to fit in your stomach.

-Be your wing-woman.

-Bedazzle and/or puffy paint any number of things with you.

-Watch your baby so you can get your hair cut.

-Always be there.

-Always love you.

Merry Christmas to all my sisters...

(In my head I am humming our Girl Scout's song..."Make new friends, but keep the old...one is silver and the other gold...")

I know you know what I'm talking about!

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding myself missing a lot of the good times with my friends as well. I hope this doesn't mean that in my ripe ole age of 28, my lump of coal is turning into a heart beat...LOL! Merry Christmas friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

YouTube