Saturday, December 25, 2010

Rockin Horsey

 Surprise...Henry's first Christmas is a white one...!


I didn't know this was coming, but it sure was a lovely surprise this morning.  A white Christmas in North Carolina is a little harder to come by than it was in Iowa. 

Seeing as how I have to get to work by about 6:15 AM tomorrow morning (no exceptions), I was a little dismayed as the snow continued to fall.  That old A-hole, weather.com didn't help either, delivering the news that I can expect another 3-5 inches overnight.

What!

In Iowa, 3-5 inches is child's play. Nothing.  Less than nothing. 

In Iowa they have road plows.

In the South, not so much, no.

My little Sentra has a helluva time getting up the hill we happen to live at the bottom of.  At the top we may or may not be greeted by a plowed main road.  It's always a surprise.

My brain is hard-wired to go straight to panic/pissed off/dramatic frustration mode:

"I can't believe this snow...why is it doing this to me."

"The snow is ruining my life."

"I'm going to have to get up even earlier tomorrow.  I hate you snow."

Michael's mind goes straight into problem-solving mode.  He suggested we park my car on the street at the top of the hill tonight, thus allowing me to easily make it to the main road and get to work on time.  Great idea!

Except then my car needed to be scraped off and driven up the hill. 

He volunteered to do this, "This is why you have a husband," was his comment.

....Well, yes.  I suppose it is.

Shoveling, car scraping, raking, lawn mowing.  I basically have a husband to ensure I never have to leave the house to do any sort of physical labor in any kind of weather extreme.  Or when there is the chance of being descended upon by mosquitoes.  I hate mosquitoes.  Mosquitoes ruin my life....sorry, there I go again.

Forget about the life partner; someone to love me when I'm old and smell like poop and butterscotch candies.  I guess that's just an added bonus.

Grandma Bean and Grampy Jim brought Henry a rocking horse for Christmas...


Obviously it will be some time before Henry will actually be able to saddle up and play with his pony.  Squeezing the ears and setting off a recorded "clippity, cloppity, clippity, cloppity, naaaayyyy". 

When he is able to play with it...and squeeze the ears over, and over, and over...and over again.  Just look for me curled up in the fetal position in the corner, developing a twitch.

While this is a completely adorable rocking horse; I feel as though there is an element of revenge from my parents in there somewhere.

Before I get off to bed I wanted to share this little peach with all my nursing friends...

I know you'll appreciate it...  Merry Christmas :)

Disclaimer: I love my job.  This is meant to be a light-hearted spoof.  Sometimes if you can't laugh, you'll cry.  Am I right?



I hope everyone's holiday was great and filled with love.

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube